Which type of camp is this?
- The Champ Camp will be primarily focused on technique building. In addition to technique, we provide opportunities for live wrestling and drilling in order to apply the technique taught.
What style (folk, free, greco) does the camp teach?
- The focus of the camp is usually placed on Folkstyle, but, we leave this up to the featured clinicians (i.e. Olympic, World, NCAA champions). However, the lesser known styles and positions (greco, par terre, etc) are rarely, if ever, taught.
How much does the camp cost?
- The camp price is $329, which includes all four days of instruction, a camp t-shirt, as well as photos and autographs with the featured clinicians/counselors.
Does the camp provide food and lodging?
- No. Each attendee is responsible for his/her own food and lodging for the week of the camp.
What age does my child need to be in order to attend?
- The Champ Camp is for ages K-12 as long as each camp attendee is able to participate fully without parental supervision.
Who will my child be working out with?
- Each attendee is assigned to a group of wrestlers around their weight, skill level, and age with which they will work out with this group throughout the week. Each group is supervised by a camp counselor who is experienced in the sport via college wrestling, coaching, etc.
Are girls allowed at camp?
-Absolutely! We care about building women's wrestling in the U.S., and highly encourage female athletes to come and participate with us.
What is the daily schedule?
- 8:00-8:30 Counselor breakout / Warm up / Group photo
- 8:30-10:30 Session 1 (technique)
- 10:30-10:45 Break
- 10:45-11:45 Session 2 (live wrestling)
- 11:45-12:45 Lunch
- 12:45-2:45 Session 3 (technique)
- 2:45-3:00 Q/A Period
- 3:00-4:00 Counselor breakout, photos, and autographs.